FAQ FOR MODELS
If you are interested in working with us then send us a few pictures or a link to your web page. Please make sure you include photos of yourself smiling.
We pay a once off model fee. It does not change depending on how the footage or photos are used.
What is Stock Photography/Videography?
“Stock photography is the supply of photographs licensed for specific uses. It is used to fulfil the needs of creative assignments instead of hiring a photographer, often for a lower cost. Today, stock images can be presented in searchable online databases. They can be purchased and delivered online. Often, these photographs involve people and are produced in studios using a wide variety of models posing as professionals, stereotypes, expressing common emotions and gesticulations, or involving pets. Other common stock photography niches include images related to travel and tourism, as well as conceptual photography.” – Wikipedia
Why do I need to sign a Model Release?
“A model release is a legal document that gives a contributor permission to use a model’s likeness to create and sell content covered by the release. It makes clear that the model will not be further compensated beyond what is agreed on at the time of the shoot
Model releases help protect the contributor, the model, the agency and the end user alike. And even if you shoot yourself, you’ll need a release. With the proper paperwork, everyone knows what to expect from each other, and should any disagreements arise later on, this document can be the deciding factor.” – iStockphoto
Where will the photographs or video of me be used?
- Advertisements in newspapers, magazine, or other printed material.
- Web/digital advertisements.
- Printed promotional projects including product packaging, catalogues, brochures, promotional greeting cards, promotional postcards and promotional posters.
- Corporate film and video presentations
- Commercial film, motion pictures, movies or theatrical presentations
- Books and book covers, CD & DVD covers
- Editorial purposes: printed magazines, newspapers, editorials, newsletters
- Online or electronic publications
- Prints, posters, stationery items and other reproductions for personal or business use.
- Items for resale, including prints, posters, calendars, mugs, mousepads, t-shirts, games, etc. – only limited runs allowed
- Electronic templates for resale on websites, brochures, business cards, e-greeting cards, etc.
What will the photographs or videos of me NOT be used for?
- Online “print-on-demand” products
- Use in any logo or trademark
- Pornographic, obscene or libellous works
- Use that depicts model in a sensitive way i.e. mental or physical health issues, substance abuse, criminal behaviour, sexual activity or preference without a disclaimer
- Sub-license, give away, share or otherwise transfer stand-alone images/files
What does the Model Release say?
Click HERE to read the model release you will be asked to sign.